Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 63 - Wabash Cannonball Trail

The day passed by fairly quickly as we had our sixth straight day of "good" weather - ie. high temps in the 80s. Good cloud cover this morning and a couple rain drops didn't hurt. Jennifer and I ran together all day as we enjoyed 22 miles on the Wabash Cannonball Trail and a couple "local" trail miles in the Toledo area. My left foot continues to get better from whatever the problem has been these past few days. I took my second fall of the run about mile 40 today when we were running on the busy US-20. I failed to pick up my left foot enough when passing over some waste concrete that was in the shoulder and I tumbled to the pavement. One of my fears was realized with the fact that I fell and rolled towards the passing cars on the road, but no harm was done. I appear to have suffered no injuries from the fall.
At mile 14 we said goodbye to Steph who has been a fantastic member of the RAAoT Team. Steph provided aid to us all through Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana. Since we first met Steph in Nebraska and she left us in Ohio she has been with us for five states. Thanks for everything Steph!!! May your music career continue to go superbly!!!
Thanks to my parents for continuing to provide super crewing to Jennifer and myself!
By the time emails are sent out Wednesday morning to those who are following the Run blog I will have transitioned from being CDR Mike Samuelson, United States Navy to CDR Mike Samuelson, United States Navy Retired. I send a big shout out to all my friends and Shipmates at the Navy Personnel Command and the PERS-4G Team. Thanks again to all who worked in the 4G1 shop taking care of our Shipmates in the field. I look forward to our paths crossing again soon.
West Unity to Elmore, OH 43.70 miles
Jennifer  9:55:06
Mike      9:55:06

1 comment:

  1. I feel like bursting into song (remember my "flow of words" jive): "You're Popeye the Sailor Man (or was). You should hoist up a 12-ounce can! You used to sail and now you run, all across this great big land!!" Pip pip! Oh, and your legs (and now feet and ankles, too, I guess) are fine, but you really do need to work on those forearms.
    :-)
    Rock on, Dude! You're a civilian!!!

    ReplyDelete